Angel Hair Pasta with Crawfish
1 pound angel hair pasta
1 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
1/2 pound butter
1 pound Louisiana crawfish tails
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's seasoned salt
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Prepare angel hair pasta according to package directions; set aside.
- In large pan, sauté onion, celery, bell peppers, and fennel
seeds until onions just begin to caramelize. Add garlic toward the end.
- Add butter, crawfish tails, basil, seasoned salt, and Tabasco. Sauté until heated throughout.
- Add heavy cream, and cook over medium to high heat until cream comes to a boil. Add pasta and parmesan cheese.
- Serve on a warm plate, and sprinkle with additional parmesan and parsley.