Cauliflower, otherwise knows as "albino broccoli" in my house is a great year round vegetable. Good for soups, casserole, au gratin, or just plain steamed with butter.... I have yet to meet a cauliflower I didn't like !
Happy cooking !
This document last modified
Cauliflower Casserole #1
1 medium cauliflower
4 Tbs. butter
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 Tbs. flour
2 cups milk
1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350º
- Separate cauliflower into bite sized flowerettes and steam for 15 minutes until just tender (about 15 min.)
- Saute mushrooms in butter until they are soft and most of the liquid has evaporated (about 5 minutes).
- Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and stir with a whisk to blend.
- Slowly stir in milk in 4 separate parts, whisking each addition well to ensure no lumps are left; add salt & pepper.
- Cook until sauce is smooth and slightly thickened.
- Place cauliflower is a buttered casserole, pour sauce over top. Combine cheese and bread crumbs and sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top in browned, and cheese is melted.
Go to top
Back to Volumes of Veggies
Lu is proud to be a .
For more information on community leaders just click the logo!
This Page hosted by - Napa Valley