Celebrate Celery !
This document last modified June 26, 1997
Celery Cabbage Bake
4 c Cabbage, coarsely chopped
1 c Cheddar, grated
3 c Celery, sliced
1/2 c Beer
1 t Caraway
2 c Milk
2 ts Butter
1/2 c Flour
- Bring water to boil in large pot. Add cabbage, celery, salt & caraway. Boil 5 min, drain well.
- Melt butter, add flour & cook, stirring 1 min.
- Slowly add milk in stream, stirring continuosly till sauce is smooth & thick.
- Add beer & continue stirring till foam disappears. Cook till heated through.
- Add cheddar, stir till melted. Season sauce with salt & pepper. Transfer to buttered 2 qt casserole and pour sauce over.
- Heat at 350F for 30 min.
Go to top