Lip Licking Lemons
Last updated September 15, 1996
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. lemon rind, grated
1/8 tsp. lemon extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar juice of 1 lemon
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Slight beat eggs, and stir into butter mixture.
- Add lemon rind, flour, baking powder, salt and milk; mix well
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes; remove from oven
- Combine sugar and lemon juice; drizzle over hot bread while still in the pan
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool.
Serving suggestions & Notes:
Fresh blueberries or raspberries are a nice addition to this bread.
Go to top
Cheatin' Lemon Cake #1
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 pkg instant lemon pudding
1 cup orange juice
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
2 Tbs. butter
1/3 cup lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, oil and lemon pudding & orange juice
Add in eggs one at a time mixing well.
- Pour batter into a greased square baking pan.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes; remove from oven and cool
- Combine icing ingredients, poke a few holes in the cake and pour over top once cooled, or use lemon glaze
Go to top
Back to Main Fruit Page
Back to Main Dessert Page
Lu is proud to be a .
For more information on community leaders just click the logo!
This Page hosted by - Napa Valley