With all the recent hype about the "Georgia Peach" you'd think this page would be a bit bigger... Well I'm working on it and infact I have quite a few more recipes to go up here.. it's just a matter of time! Of course, any additional recipes that you'd like to share are welcomed!
As with some of my other pages, those recipes that have been tasted tested are marked with
Eat a peach !
Georgia on my Mind (incase you were wondering!
Grandma's Peach Melba
1 15oz. pkg frozen raspberries
1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
6 - 12 peach halves
French Vanilla icecream or Hagen Daz Honey Vanilla
This is a sugar free dessert provided you follow these guidelines:
- Use unsweetened frozen raspberries or boil 1 pint fresh with the cornstarch and water.
Add sugar substitute if you must.
- Use Hagen Daz Honey Vanilla which uses honey as the only sweetener.
Go to top
- Bring frozen raspberiies to a boil in a small saucepan (if using fresh add 1/4 cup water).
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1 Tbs. water to make a smooth paste.
- Add cornstarch to raspberries, reduce heat and stir until thickened.
- Place one or two peach halves in each individual serving dish, add a scoop of icecream or two and spoon warm raspberry sauce overtop.
Cinnamon Peach Crisp
1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1/2 cup granola (sweetened)
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup bornw sugar, packed
1/4 cup butter or margarine
5 cups peeled & sliced fresh peaches
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. butter or margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 375º
Go to top
- In a medium bowl combine oats, granola, 3 Tbs. flour and brown sugar
- Cut in 1/4 cup butter unitl crumbly.
- Place 1/2 peach slices in an 8 inch square greased baking casserole. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbs. flour.
- Sprinkle with half of the oat mixture, then remaining peaches and top with oat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, drizzle with melted butter and bake for 30 minutes until to is browned.
Back to Fruit Frenzy
Back to Main Dessert Page
Back to Lu's Recipe Extravaganza
Search Lu's Recipe Extravaganza
Add a Link to Lu's Fabulous Food Links page
Please sign my guestbook and let me know what you think!!