Creamed Peas with Mushrooms
2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
1/4 cup butter
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbs. flour
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. thyme
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. savory
1 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
- Steam fresh peas until just tender or cook frozen peas according to package directions; set aside.
- In a large frying pan, over medium low heat sauté the green onions and the mushrooms in the butter until just soft, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pan; stir. Gradually add in milk stirring constantly to make a smooth sauce.
- Add seasonings and continue stirring until sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Add peas to sauce in pan, and heat through.
Go to top
Back to Volumes of Vegetables
Back to Lu's Recipe Extravaganza
Search Lu's Recipe Extravaganza
Add a Link to Lu's Fabulous Food Links page
Please sign my guestbook and let me know what you think!!